Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.The Opportunity
Roke is a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with a variety of clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches and solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
As part of Roke’s wider Project, Product and Service Delivery profession, you will have the opportunity to work on a very wide range of projects from covering research, consultancy, products, and major programmes. Job Purpose
Enabling the business to identify the optimum balance between cost, quality, schedule and risk across the whole project lifecycle from concept to disposal.Key Responsibilities:
- Create investment appraisals & reports on cost engineering subjects
- Estimate relevant project schedules, costs & risks with the project manager
- Apply cost engineering techniques to assist the project team in development of action plans
- Analyse project cost & risk forecast to review and challenge forecast man-hours to complete & avoid cost & schedule overruns
- Analyse trade space with internal and contractual requirements
- Assess project performance and lessons learnt to apply cost engineering improvements to next phase of projects
- Change management including baselined change control and communication base on cost engineering outputs
- Support and participate in internal and external audits related to project controls, cost and compliance.
- Communicate complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way
- Follow a systematic, traceable & justifiable approach for decision making
- Lead cost engineering activities when bidding for work
Systems Engineering knowledge
- Total Cost Management, Value Engineering, Function Analysis
- Defence or Aerospace experience
- Engineering Economics across the product lifecycle
- Business & Investment Planning
- Profitability Analysis
- Project Management & Scheduling, Risk Management
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical & Electronic Components, Design & Manufacturing processes, Software
Why You Should Join Us
- Excellent Communication Skills with all levels of management (up to the CEO)
- Excellent computer literacy (office, project management, engineering)
- Excellent Numeracy skills
- MoD Standards, Systems and Processes
- Degree/HND or similar education
- Beyond your skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection and Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies and techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.Security Information
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.