Credit Control Team Leader
At Churchill, we put our people first so that they can deliver outstanding service to our clients. We recognise that our client’s environment reflects their brand and provides a better workplace for their people. We never compromise on quality and are unrivalled in our attention to detail.
We are searching for a Credit Control Team Leader to support the Supervisor of the Credit Control team, who are based across two locations. As Credit Control Team Leader, you will support the team to investigate, identify and problem solve key area's and reasons as to why there are outstanding invoices and resolve this by getting them rectified and paid.
Do you have what it takes to join our team? Do you have previous experience supervising a credit control function whilst able to be assertive and able to work under pressure?
This is an opportunity for you to be part of a business, built on strong foundations, named in The Sunday Times, Grant Thornton Top Track 250, Britain’s private mid-market growth companies. We are driven to Always Do Right and we are looking for people who share our values. Our independence gives us the freedom to do what we believe in. We believe it’s our responsibility to do right by our clients, our society and our planet.
As a Credit Control Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and lead the credit control team across the group. Have full and complete understanding of all policies, processes and procedures, ensuring continuous improvement to system functionality and credit control procedures and deliverables, ensuring all credit control deadlines are met.
- Work closely with key departments including the operations team.
- Attend operational meetings with clients where necessary.
- Take ownership of any queries.
- Work with Account Managers and individuals to ensure debts are kept to a minimum.
- Use initiative to achieve targeted results, while promoting customer goodwill
- Assist with sales invoicing and other tasks of the accounts team as required
- Processing and allocating, unallocated payments as required
- Travel to and attend client site visits and meetings
- Attend monthly credit control team meeting in Harpenden.
As a Credit Control Team Leader, you will have the following expertise and attributes:
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package including excel
- Must be proactive, forward thinking, able to use own initiative and must possess the ability to understand the needs and expectations of internal/external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to pay attention to detail with a high level of accuracy in work produced
- Good organisational, time management skills with knowledge, understanding and ability to prioritise, plan and control own workloads
- Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Determination to succeed
- Enjoys and is able to work as part of a small team
- 3-5 Years Credit Control experience
- Computer literate with demonstrable ability in Microsoft packages and databases
Our commitment to Equality. Diversity and Inclusion, we are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.