Join us as a Credit Officer
- Take on a critical role that’ll see you identifying, assessing and managing credit risks
- You'll analyse and interpret economic and political information to provide insight on credit, strategic and risk issues facing the bank in its exposure to material countries
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority and advance your career in this fast paced role
What you'll do
You’ll maintain an effective credit risk management framework that enables early identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of credit risks.
This will involve ensuring appropriate and intended customer and conduct outcomes in relation to lending and credit policy are being delivered through the oversight and challenge of policies and first line processes and controls.
- Liaise with Model teams, ensuring data quality and writing reports on country risks for key stakeholders
- Fully comply with all relevant organisation, credit and business policies, including the creation of a robust suite of assurance measures
- Review all credit policies line with organisation, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Provide assurance to senior management that all control based activities are compliant with our standards and that all risks are reported and authorised
- Effectively manage the relationship between the function and bank-wide credit risk and other policy framework standard owners
The skills you'll need
You’ll need broad experience and an understanding of credit risk management, including principles and processes, and an in-depth understanding of regulation applicable to mortgages and consumer credit.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of working successfully as a team with management across an organisation
- Knowledge of sovereign PD and LGD models, along with other Country Risk models for stress testing
- To be educated to an honours degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services environment
- A broad understanding of external regulations