Join us as a Credit Portfolio Manager in Residential Mortgages & Private
- This is an opportunity to join a high-profile team within retail credit risk, where you’ll be influential in supporting the residential mortgage and private banking strategy from a credit risk perspective
- We’ll look to you to make sure that relevant risks have been identified and effective controls are in place to monitor, manage and mitigate risks
- You’ll gain exposure as you work with teams across the bank to design, sign off, implement, test and monitor credit policies
What you'll do
As a Credit Portfolio Manager, specialising in residential mortgages, you’ll oversee the portfolio performance, driving decisions and credit strategy off the back of powerful analytics and MI, to underpin customer franchises. You’ll work in a team on the end-to-end ownership of the mortgages portfolio, from new product design, account opening, portfolio management strategies, to arrears and recoveries management, covering both strategy and credit policy.
We’ll look to you to support the business through developing and maintaining credit risk decisioning strategies, providing analytically driven insight and innovative solutions to achieve future strategic priorities. And, as you develop into your role, you’ll be coaching and training junior members of your team.
You’ll also be:
- Supporting the management of portfolio credit risks including bad debt provisions, risk weighted assets and costs, delivering impairments and provision cover within limits
- Making sure that the personal and private credit risk portfolios continue to perform within risk limit frameworks
- Driving active and effective change management through the successful design, development and delivery of key strategic initiatives
- Managing stakeholders across a diverse matrix structure
- Liaising and influencing the franchise regarding ongoing credit customer management and projects
- Work with teams across the bank to design, sign off, implement, test and monitor credit policies
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience with coding languages, coupled with excellent analytical skills. As well as this, you’ll need a good understanding of the banking industry, its risk management, and the regulatory requirements. It would also be ideal if you have experience of working with secured lending in an analytical role. It would also be advantageous if you are educated to degree level in an analytical or numerical discipline.
In addition, you’ll demonstrate:
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent analytical skills evidenced though current or previous roles
- Project management skills and the ability to work as a team and with stakeholders
- The proven ability to explain technical subject matter to a nontechnical audience