Can you define SME credit risk strategies? Are you able to optimise portfolio performance through analytical diagnostics? Do you enjoy working as part of a team to secure outcomes? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Credit Risk Manager - SME, you will support the SME business teams as owner of the product credit risk strategies. You will develop and embed an effective credit risk control framework to identify, mitigate, augment and monitor credit risk across the full SME customer lifecycle.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading and supporting the development and maintenance of the SME product credit risk strategies
• Making sure strategies adhere to policy and risk appetite requirements in order to help the business in achieving sustainable, controlled and robust growth
• Developing and maintaining the credit risk strategy reporting in line with the oversight and quality assurance frameworks
• Maintaining the quality and integrity of the SME products credit risk strategies and associated monitoring
• Developing, maintaining and executing SME products credit strategy, undertaking performance review and driving continual performance improvement
• Providing expert guidance and insight, undertaking analysis and generating reports for governance committees and business forums
• Owning and managing the day to day credit risk relationships for the first line SME business functions
• Optimising portfolio performance through analytical diagnostics and deep dive activity the test and learn agenda
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have proven experience in a senior credit risk role for SME lending
• It is essential you have knowledge of SAS/SQL and an ability to remain hands on while growing the capability of the team
• You must have knowledge of credit risk modelling and analytics techniques
• Ideally, you will have a commercial mind set, an understanding of issues involved in running a business and the key financial drivers
• You need to be a skilled communicator and comfortable working with stakeholders up to Board level