Join us as a Credit Strategy Manager
- This is an opportunity to join a high profile team where you’ll be influential in supporting the residential mortgage and Private Banking strategy from a credit risk perspective
- We'll look to you to make sure that all risks have been identified and effective controls are in place to monitor, manage and mitigate these risks
- The role offers excellent visibility, and the opportunity to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Credit Strategy Manager, you’ll be championing the Mortgage lending credit risk agenda, driving opportunities and efficiencies across individual portfolios. You’ll be working in a team on the end-to-end ownership of the mortgages portfolio, from new product design, account opening, portfolio management strategies, to arrears and recoveries management, covering both strategy and credit policy.
You’ll adopt a subject matter expert status on credit related projects across the portfolios and businesses, and collaborate with risk appetite teams to provide appropriate input into sector and asset class reviews and credit policies.
Your role will also involve:
- Making sure policy and strategy development is in line with our Mortgage strategic direction
- Supporting senior management, and working collaboratively with the broader Mortgage management team, in delivering the function’s objectives
- Influencing Home Buying and Ownership and Private Banking regarding ongoing Mortgage credit customer management and projects, providing insight and challenge
- Challenging accepted practice and driving change to ensure continuous improvement and capability enhancements, particularly from a Mortgage perspective
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need excellent analytical skills, with a good understanding of the banking industry, its risk management, and the regulatory requirements.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of coding languages, as well as experience of working with retail and private banking secured lending in an analytical role. It would also be advantageous if you’re educated to degree level in an analytical or numerical discipline.
On top of this, you’ll need:
- A demonstrable focus on excellence, execution, timeliness of delivery and attention to detail
- A clear track record of seeking continuous improvement and innovation in delivery
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with significant experience in engaging and influencing senior management