Join us as a Credit Strategy Manager
- In this critical role, you’ll be working closely with stakeholders to develop decisioning models and business strategies
- You’ll be making sure that first line risk appetite is reflected in our credit decisioning and stewardship processes
- As well as excellent stakeholder exposure, you’ll have the opportunity to use your developed analytical skills to help shape our approach to risk decisioning
What you'll do
We’ll be asking you to use your technical professional expertise on behavioural scoring and predictive analytics to create decisioning models and business strategies. You’ll be working with your colleagues to review, validate and provide insight into proposed models and strategies, and developing frameworks to drive a risk based approach to credit stewardship and problem credit management.
You’ll also be:
- Analysing and developing transactional and sector risk appetite measurement approaches in line with our enterprise risk appetite
- Managing the delivery and progress using an Agile approach to facilitate value drops and use cases
- Building and maintaining an insight and MI process to make sure that decisioning and credit strategies are continually measured and monitored
- Developing written proposals to take to senior stakeholders and present at governance committees to gain approvals
The skills you'll need
It’s crucial that you have strong commercial and financial acumen, particularly around profit and loss understanding. You’ll be highly numerate with analytical expertise and you’ll bring experience of the banking industry, in a regulatory and commercial environment.
To take on this technical role, you'll also need experience of building lending or credit decision models using multiple data sources, as well as expertise in behavioural scoring and predictive analytics. Knowledge of receivables or invoice finance would be advantageous.
Additionally, you’ll demonstrate:
- The ability to manage key stakeholders and operate within defined budgets
- The ability to simplify complex and conflicting tasks and policy positions
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to analyse and evaluate complex information to aid sound decision making
- Knowledge of relevant legal polices, regulations and risk management
- A proven track record of creative problem solving