We are currently recruiting for customer service representatives to join our fast-paced call centre, responding to incoming calls to the National Gas Emergency service, providing a 24/7 service, safeguarding life and property, We’re on an exciting journey of growth and evolution, one that has already seen us transform ourselves in so many ways and is uniting us through a shared sense of purpose and direction.
About the Role
A role will involve you providing a high level of customer service across Operations throughout the country, providing support and guidance to our customers who have emergency situations, an enquiry or complaint linked to Emergency, Response & Repair and Connections processes. There will be opportunities to gain multiple skillsets as you progress supporting you with your development.
We have roles which include shift work and part time hours through the week and weekends, so it is important to know that your days will differ. An example of the shifts are 3 days starting at 07:00 and finishing at 15:30, another 3 days starting at 14:30 and finishing at 23:00 with the following 3 days off. So, in short, 6 days on and 3 Days off. Part time hours will consist of 8:00 – 13:00, 10:00 – 14:00, 17:00 – 22:00. This will be on annualised hours contract with shifts published in advance and the opportunity to undertake additional hours.
Our offices have full parking on site, free hot and cold drinking facilities, vending machines, break out areas, Hinckley has a fully operating Canteen. Wide range of Engagement and Wellbeing activities and support groups available.
You will undertake a full training programme and ongoing support once you are competent in the role.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
1. Handling customer interactions/triaging calls into the National Gas Emergency service
2. Creating and submitting accurate workorders enabling our dispatch team to send Engineers to correct locations with all relevant information.
3.Deliver quality work, concentrating on data accuracy and completion within a timely manner
4. Contribute to the team delivery of excellent customer service, aim to understand the customers’ needs and the team impact to customer satisfaction scores in line with RIIO objectives
5. Apply customer excellence techniques to handle all customer calls and provide a first call resolution.
6. Work with others co-operatively and flexibly within a team to achieve the collective goal.
7. Maintain excellent working relationships with the business, and immediate colleagues
8. Demonstrate knowledge of Cadent processes and activities where applicable
9. Participation in continuous improvement forums to ensure that we are constantly improving the level of service we provide
10. Provide support/knowledge first call resolution to enquiries and complaints
11. Providing written communication to customers in response to enquiries and complaints.
12. Liaising with internal and external stakeholders for customer resolution and ensure any necessary feedback or learning is provided.
1.Exceptional active listening skills
2. Understanding of Cadent and the different services which we provide to our customers.
3. Ability to plan your own workload and balance conflicting priorities with minimal real time supervision
4. A strong team player who is capable of building and maintaining working relationships inside and outside your team
5. Effective communication techniques, either over the phone or email.
6. Experience of delivering excellent customer service and can demonstrate a strong customer focus and can actively listen to customers
7. You will have the confidence and capability to deal with many and varied sets of customer circumstances and advise the customer on a range of options that apply to their situation
8. Able to use appropriate questioning to identify exact customer needs and explain what is involved in the process and or their chosen option
9. Ability to provide written communication
10. Computer literate
11. Experience using Microsoft Office packages
12. Follow agreed processes and procedures
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance, and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.