About the role
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Sun ||11:00:00 ||15:30:00 |
|Fri ||12:00:00 ||16:30:00 |
It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. It's a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that's one of the things that makes it so exciting.
Being a colleague in one of our stores means that you will help to serve our shoppers better every day.
You'll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team where everyone is welcome.
Please note you must be over 18 to apply for this role
You will be responsible for
Serving customers on our checkouts ensuring they receive an easy, seamless and personalised experience Delivering department routines Manually condensing stock and handling products with care to maintain product quality Championing the reduction of food waste Following company policies and adhering to health and safety guidelines Being knowledgeable about the products and services in my store and helping customers by giving great natural service Replenishing products within my store At times, you may be required to accept deliveries into the store
You will need
You are able to role model giving great, natural customer service ensuring every customers needs are met
Be able to build strong long lasting relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, encouraging them to be at their best
You are a clear communicator and use a variety of methods to keep the team well informed
Be confident in taking the lead as at times you will be in charge of the store.
You are flexible in the way you think, making decisions efficiently and handling change to ensure everything we do is right for customers and colleagues
You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations and effectively balance priorities
Always looking for ideas and opportunities to serve Britain's shoppers a little better everyday.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join Buy As You Earn' and Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6am or after 10pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com