Join us as a Customer Due Diligence Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert
- Working with a supportive and collaborative team, you’ll be helping us with anti-money laundering (AML) activities
- You’ll be investigating queries, supporting business processes and procedures, and understanding the needs of our customers and the business
- This role offers great career development opportunities with relevant training programmes and exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
Joining a specialist AML team, you’ll be working together to deliver the most successful outcomes for the business and our customers. You’ll respond to customer queries and process, authorise and investigate transactions, while accurately collecting all the information needed to do this on time and to a high standard.
As you continue to develop in your role, you’ll support with process training and knowledge sharing across your team, working together towards success.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Accurately investigating your queries, raising with relevant parties, and escalating where needed
- Seen as a subject matter expert and consultant, enabling colleagues to deliver correct outcomes ensuring customers are compliant with our policies and regulations
- Making sure processing is performed accurately and within an agreed turn-around time
- Monitoring and participating in initiatives that help improve our customer service, processes and procedures
- Reviewing processing errors and customer complaints to help identify trends and training needs
- Partnering with the three lines of defence to ensure that Financial Crime guidance and policies are interpreted and applied consistently, working together to address any gaps and implement improvements
The skills you'll need
You’ll already have knowledge and experience of working with AML processes and procedures, alongside an awareness of up to date trends, policies and regulations. You’ll also be able to work accurately, to deadlines and with high levels of attention to detail.
We’ll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the financial services industry and our customers
- Knowledge of our products, processes and banking systems
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Building and maintaining relationships with peers and relevant stakeholders who will support the development of the Financial Crime Hub, representing the function on specialist working parties
How we'll reward you
Salary: £34,043 - £40,050 (depending on experience) per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary starting on £34,043 - £40,050 (depending on experience) and in addition you’ll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement.
You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.