Join us as a Customer Due Diligence Unit Leader
- In this high-profile role, we’ll look to you to make sure your unit is efficiently planned and operating at its optimum capacity
- You’ll be specialising in anti-money laundering (AML) and customer due diligence (CDD) to manage related operational escalations, disputes and risks, and lead process re-engineering and automation initiatives
- This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of protecting our customers and the bank
What you'll do
As an AML and CDD specialist, you’ll be leading a team of analysts who conduct quality assurance file reviews of CDD cases and review the adequacy of quality assurance tests, highlighting any financial crime risks. You'll also lead your unit to protect our customers and enhance their experience by identifying trends and addressing areas of improvement.
You’ll maximise efficiency by collaborating with support functions and continuing to make sure you’re your unit is engaged and consistently developing professionally. We’ll also look to you to approve and maintain process documents to help define performance indicators, measure and report MI and enable the right decision making.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Driving your team to detect and prevent financial crime risks to ensure the bank and its customers are protected through quality assurance reviews
- Optimally using resources to reduce costs and increase productivity
- Developing and executing a plan for effective training and accreditation, and understanding and driving the performance of you unit
- Using data insights to drive change activity, and leading and participating in local and global projects
- Building a culture of continuous improvement, leading by example to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance our performance and customer experience
- Enhancing the risk culture in your unit with a focus on proactive, end-to-end risk
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to have knowledge and experience of working in an AML or CDD environment, preferably as part of a quality control or assurance function or similar. Strong people management skills are a must, along with the ability to drive, coach and motivate others to succeed.
We’ll also look for you to have:
- Knowledge of financial services
- An understanding of the industry and our customers
- Knowledge of AML or CDD and financial products, processes and banking systems
- A background in risk, compliance and legal issues in different jurisdictions
- An understanding of people processes and policies