Join our community
We are currently recruiting for a full time permanent role, with a starting salary of £19,500.
For our customers, you'll be more than just the friendly face and voice of Santander. You'll be a listener and problem solver. Whether you're helping someone with a simple cash transaction, aiding them with technology in the banking hall, transacting with them over the phone or protecting your customers against fraud and scams, you'll never know what the next challenge will be.
What's not in doubt is that you'll have plenty of support. Life in a branch can be busy, varied and challenging, so we're a close-knit team.
You'll be totally flexible in your approach and comfortable in undertaking a broad range of activities. This means not limiting your time and focus on one particular element of your role. You'll thrive on the variety this gives you and take satisfaction for operating in a multi-skilled environment. You're the eyes and ears of our business after all.
The difference you'll make.
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers in branch or over the phone
- Assisting with day-to-day transactions, queries and servicing
- Answering customer calls into our contact centre
- Building relationships and finding solutions
- Developing your knowledge of services and products to help our customers
- Identifying new ways to improve the customer experience
What you'll bring.
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service either from a face to face or a telephony background
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers to truly understand their needs
It would also be nice for you to have.
- A real desire to go above-and-beyond for customers
- Effective team working skills with a flexible, can-do approach to work
- Openness to a broad range of activities even if outside of standard expectations
- Ability to grow, adapt and change accommodating business needs and priorities
What else you need to know.
- The role is based in our Southport branch.
- This is a full time role, working 35 hours across Monday to Saturday across the hours of 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible
How we'll reward you.
In addition to your salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs
- Starting salary of £19,500
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Receive a £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits
- Free access to wellbeing apps and up to three weekly online classes via our partnership with Gympass
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 26 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply. If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at email@example.com or call 0870 414 9080. Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, Join our Talent Community