Join us as an Apprentice
- Join our apprenticeship programme, where you'll be completing an externally accredited programme, Senior Financial Services Customer Advisor Level 3, which will take you up to 22 months and will set you up with excellent career prospects.
- You'll be joining one of our Fraud Prevention teams, who'll give you all the technical training you'll need to be successful in your role
- This is a great opportunity to take ownership of your career path and build a network across the bank
- You'll be part of our growing community of apprentices, benefitting from a supportive and collaborative working environment
- You'll join us in November 2021
What you ll do
Taking on an apprentice role could be a fantastic starting point or change for your career. You'll receive support every step of the way, with guidance, training and mentoring to help you reach your full potential. Your line manager will set you up with goals and an individual learning plan, to help you to complete professional qualifications or technical training that you'll need to be successful in your role.
Once established in the programme, we'll look to you, to support other new apprentices, using your experience to guide and support them.
You'll also be:
- Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Working closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and developing positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Developing your knowledge and capabilities to undertake the job
- Understanding our customer needs and meeting those needs with the right products and services
- Promoting new digital services to encourage customers to use these channels
- Proactively speaking with customers to deepen relationships, resolving queries, as well as working with other areas of the organisation to meet customer needs
The skills you ll need
We're looking for a strong communicator with the ability to build great working relationships. You'll be a good problem solver, with an added ability to think analytically and logically and adapt well to change. Crucially, we're looking for people with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent results, but this is not necessary to start with us as an apprentice. If you didn't manage to achieve the desired grades or cannot provide evidence of your qualifications, then we will help you to attain them during your apprenticeship.
You'll also need:
- The ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise your work
- A proactive and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to challenge and offer solutions
- Strong numerical and logical skills
- The ability to maintain a strong customer focus
- An innovative and creative mindset
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills,
- Good planning and Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- High quality interpersonal skills and influencing skills, with the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to manage a large workload, prioritise and meet demanding deadlines
How we ll reward you
You'll join on a competitive salary of £19,800 and in addition you'll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You ll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days - you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.