Customer Operations Lead (17630)
Job ID: 17630
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
We have a great opportunity for a Customer Operations Lead to join Network Enquires. As part of a wider team within the Customer and People Department you will be responsible for leading and managing a customer contact team within the Network Enquiries area of the business to ensure all service levels and business KPI's are met successfully.
You will have a wider remit to matrix manage an operational department of up to 200 employees on a rotational basis. You will have an active role in supporting incident related activities to ensure that issues are resolved and customers receive the best possible service.
You will be responsible for managing the performance of the team, ensuring key activities are prioritised and work managed effectively to achieve regulatory and other performance KPI's associated with for example supply interruptions, wastewater flooding, water quality contacts, telephony service levels and customer hours lost. You will also be responsible for:
- Managing key stakeholders in an incident environment ensuring that our customers receive the best possible service.
- Ensuring key activities including priority services, bottled water coordination and customer face to face presence is considered and implemented in any incident.
- Effectively managing the customer communication via website, telephone messaging and bulk communications.
- Leading a face to face customer service team onsite during incidents.
- Dealing with key stakeholders as well as Senior Managers within the organisation.
- Producing and analysing customer data to enable effective root cause analysis.
- Continuous improvement across water, wastewater and customer business streams
- Reduction in repeat contacts within their operational area
- CMEX results within your designated operational area
- Identifying operational problems and trends in performance likely to result in customer service issues and identify possible improvements
- Deliver actions to improve the overall service from the team and water and wastewater business streams.
- Undertaking specific projects or initiatives requiring line management leadership as directed by the Customer ServiceManager, Head of Customer Services or the Customer Services Director.
- Supporting in the creation of medium and longer term strategies for the business area.
Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will need to have expert knowledge of Water and Wastewater processes, together with exceptional managerial and leadership skills to drive exceptional performance.
You will also have:
- Excellent motivational skills to encourage a team and deliver high performance across a 24/7 service.
- Analytical skills and the ability to drive solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Knowledge of regulatory customer service standards
- A clear understanding of business objectives and policies
- Knowledge of HR policy and process
- Sound knowledge of operational challenges
- A high degree of social skills for working in a customer orientated environment with previous customer contact experience either face to face, phone or dealings with internal customers.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and a high level of competence in the use of WFM systems
- Proven ability in people / performance management
- Network Enquiries experience
- Integrated Network Team Stakeholder Management
- Sound knowledge and application of INS (Network Enquiries supporting systems)
- Experience of coaching and developing a high performing team
- The successful candidate will work as part of a team a rolling shift pattern between 7am and 10 pm, weekend and bank holidays and be part of a standby rota.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 20/10/21