Customer Service Adviser

  • Job Reference: R-00146463
  • Date Posted: 9 September 2021
  • Employer: RBS
  • Website:
  • Location: Belfast
  • Salary: On Application
  • Job Type: Full Time

Job Description

Join us as a Customer Sales Adviser

  • We're looking for someone who is passionate and consistent at delivering outstanding levels of service, to make sure we exceed our customer's expectations at all times
  • You ll join our vibrant telephone banking team, building great relationships with our customers
  • You'll be proactively educating customers on the different ways to bank, supporting them in choosing the right service options for their personal needs
  • We'll support your personal development with training to achieve the industry recognised Foundation Certificate in Responsible Banking within your first two years
  • Once you have demonstrated competence in the job role you will have the opportunity to spend up to 60% of time working from home, the other 40% will be office based so you can connect and learn with your colleagues. Working from home kit can be provided.

What you ll do

As a Customer Sales Adviser, you'll be providing a pro-active and reactive service to make sure our customers meet all of their financial arrangements in line with their own financial goals. You ll be a trusted expert, providing them with the knowledge they need to make the most of their money.

You'll also act as the first point of contact for colleagues, handling enquiries on a wide range of issues in a professional manner and with the appropriate degree of technical knowledge. And you'll understand the products and services we can offer and how you in turn can deliver for and support your colleagues.

You'll also be:

  • Providing the very best experience for our customers, confidently taking calls to talk them through our products and services
  • Using an ethical, needs based sales approach to identify products and services that are right for our customers, helping them to make the most of their money and savings
  • Proactively educating customers on our digital options such as online and mobile banking
  • Achieving and exceeding goals on contribution and customer service, while adhering to all internal and external regulatory, operational and credit control systems and procedures
  • Building valuable relationships and making a positive impact on every call I often in a busy environment
  • Accurately and compliantly completing right first time processes and procedures, providing the customer with a seamless and positive experience

The skills you ll need

To be successful in this role you ll need strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with your stakeholders. Highly organised, you ll be proficient at managing your time prioritising your work. Ideally you'll have telephony experience or experience of working in a role where you've had to build fantastic customer relationships to provide the right product or service .

You'll also bring clear dedication and passion to help customers. You'll be a real people person, with excellent listening skills and the ability to have great conversations.

You'll also demonstrate:

  • A record of exceeding targets, and adhering to internal and external, regulatory, operational, compliance systems and procedures
  • Being able to take ownership and follow up on issues & queries in a timely manner
  • The ability to multi-task and work well as part of a team
  • The confidence to provide a first-class service in every task you undertake

What else you need to know

We're here for our customers when it's most convenient for them so you'll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift patterns within your contracted hours


  • Full time
  • Permanent contract
  • Contracted hours - Monday - Sunday 08:00am-20:00pm. You'll typically work between 8.00am - 20.00pm Monday- Friday and 1 in 3 Saturdays 8.00am to 3.00pm, some Bank holidays are included. Your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
  • You'll have the option to spend up to 60% of time working from home once competent in role

You ll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you re ready, we'll help take your career to the next level.

How we ll reward you

Salary: £20,205 per year (pro rata for hours worked)

You'll join on a competitive salary of £20,205 (which is £11.10 per hour) and in addition you'll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement.

You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.

You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 34 days (pro rata for hours worked) - you may be required to work bank holidays.

For more information on our benefits, please visit our website . Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.