Salary: Starting at £17,500 with progression up to £19k (upon completion of training)
Working Hours: 37 per week (8-8 Monday to Friday and occasional Saturday)
Location: Initially Office Based (SG1 2ST) with flexible home working options once fully trained
Serco is one of the leading public sector providers of customer services, working with central and local governments to provide customer-facing and back-office functions. We pride ourselves on a high-quality service, often supporting some of the most vulnerable people in our society - and as one of our Customer Services Advisor you'll ensure that we continue to deliver this incredibly important work with us at our partnership with Hertfordshire County Council.
The Customer Service Centre is the first point of contact for many of Hertfordshire County Councils Services. We deliver a diverse range of services, many of which play an important part in people's lives. And as our Customer Services Advisor you'll play a key part in this. No two days will be the same, you will deal with queries ranging from advising parents on how to apply for school admissions, dealing speed awareness courses and fines, setting up blue badge holders, issuing elderly bus passes, passing on social care referrals, to reporting highways - it's hard work but extremely rewarding!
What you'll need to do the role:
Ideally you will have experience working in similar role within a contact centre or call centre environment. More importantly you'll have strong IT skills and exceptional customer service skills, particularly with the ability to build rapport with people in order to gather information.
- Meaningful and vital work: Your work will directly on the citizens of Herefordshire, helping to make a real difference;
- A world of opportunity: It takes a diverse team to support a council and we're big on internal progression. So, whether you specialise your skills, progress into team management or move into operations, you'll find all the opportunity you need to evolve your career.
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do develop your skills and experience, in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
- Started at £17,500 (increasing as you develop) and up to 6% contributory pension scheme;
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the chance to buy more;
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- The chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion;
For the opportunity to join our special people-driven culture - where our diverse workforce support not just each other but the wider community that relies on our service - apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).