Position: Customer Service Co-Ordinator
Business Unit: Kier Living
Sub location: Exeter
You can shape the world around you with Kier Group. We're one of the UK's leading names in construction - inspiring innovations in a multitude of market sectors - and wherever you join us, you'll be able to achieve and collaborate with one of the country's most established and inspired forward thinkers in construction, property, residential and services.
Kier Living is at the forefront of tackling the unprecedented demand for new housing in the UK. Government, local councils and housing associations trust our expert team and 100-year pedigree to deliver affordable mixed tenure and high-quality private developments - a commitment that's seeing us build thousands of new homes every year, offering you a valued role in meeting the housing needs of a nation.
Kier Living South West are looking for a Customer Services Coordinator to provide an excellent quality customer service to our customers, clients, subcontractors, Site Managers and team members. To implement Kier Living Health and Safety procedures both in the office and on site. There will be some requirement to attend organised meetings at various locations.
- To be responsible for ensuring defects are attended to in a reasonable timescale;
- Promote client interface e.g. Building Housing Managers and Maintenance Managers relationships;
- To promote a culture of cost control and recovery on site through specification of works and adherence to contract charge procedures;
- To be an ambassador on behalf of Kier Living and attend appropriate corporate and handover events;
- Develop new ideas to improve the quality of build and after sales service;
- Plan, prioritise and organise workloads on a daily basis;
- Conduct handovers (developing a demonstration role), pre-sale and 12 month close of defects inspections, on shared ownership and outright sale products. Specify remedial works, allocate appropriate subcontractors and supervise up to completion;
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the Customer Service Manager;
- Maintain accurate audit trails and ensure documentation is filed in an organised manner;
- Assess performance and work quality of subcontractors and report issues to the Customer Service Manager;
- Ensure improvement in customer satisfaction ratings;
- Ensuring compliance at all times with Kier Group Health and Safety procedures;
- Reporting directly to Customer Service Manager.
- Able to think strategically;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers;
- Confident and able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills;
- Able to communicate at all levels;
- Must be able to stay calm, professional and efficient and display patience when dealing directly with customer complaints;
- Recognise the importance of customer service and meet the standards required when dealing with both internal and external customers. Customer Experience Feedback consistently identifies the Customer Service as exemplary, therefore we seek an individual who shares our values in quality of service and product;
- Able to run, organise and prioritise - paying attention to detail in a methodical manner;
- Able to evaluate and analyse information in a logical manner;
- Able to evaluate and assess technical and commercial issues and make informed decisions;
- Self-motivated, working as part of a team under own initiative;
- Able to motivate both internal and external workforce;
- Able to work independently to both commercial and delivery functions ensuring our aftersales service is impartial.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good technical knowledge of house building including electrical and plumbing;
- Experience in a similar role is essential;
- Specific knowledge of building defects and the specification of remedial works;
- Able to demonstrate intermediate skills in both Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Able to use e-mail efficiently and be familiar with the internet;
- Able to co-ordinate complicated work programmes.
In return we are offering a competitive salary and package as well as the support and scope to build a long and fruitful partnership with Kier.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.