Join us as a Customer Service Fraud Representative
- This is a chance to make a huge difference to our customers during some of their most difficult times – when they’ve been victims of fraud
- You’ll work with customers over the telephone, giving them essential support and dealing with a wide range of fraud queries
- You’ll hone your existing analytical skills and be well positioned to advance your career in this fast-paced role
What you'll do
In Fraud Retail Operations, the things that make a difference to our customers are what we do everyday. We’re there to help them when our customers lose money to fraud, either through unknown transactions or being a victim to a scam.. You’ll be responding to and investigating queries, providing support on business processes, policies and procedures and developing an understanding of customer and business needs in order to suggest improvements and increase efficiency.
You’ll also be:
- Building a trusting relationship with your customer on every call you take, listening carefully and asking the right questions to ensure a fair outcome
- Building and maintaining a broad awareness of the techniques fraudsters use
- Identifying barriers to performance and coordinating improvements to enhance our efficiency
- Working closely with operational centres, providing coaching and support to increase efficiency and knowledge
- Keeping accurate records of day to day operations, logging incidents and identifying trends
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a natural flair and genuine desire for helping customers, using a full range of investigative tools. You’ll need to have excellent planning and organisational skills, along with good attention to detail. You’ll perform well under pressure, and be confident in your ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining high levels of accuracy throughout.
You’ll also need:
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal credibility, and engage with your stakeholders on often sensitive issues
- A keen eye for detail, allowing you to identify potential risks to the bank and our customers
- Experience of analysing and using data
- The ability to convey information in a simple and understandable way
- Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
Your hours of work can likely to be up until midnight, and will include working one day at the weekend (Sat/Sun) and Bank Holidays. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
Bank Holiday working is a feature of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development.
There is a training commitment of 9 weeks in the office.
When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £19,125 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £19,125 (which is £10.50 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement.
You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays