Join us as a Customer Service & Operations Unit Leader
- If you have strong team leadership experience, this is a chance to take on a role with responsibility and exposure to internal and external stakeholders
- We’ll look to you to understand and drive the performance of the team, with solid budgeting and financial management of targets, specialising in anti-money laundering (AML) and customer due diligence (CDD)
- You'll deliver improvements in productivity, efficiency and service performance by coaching, inspiring and developing your people
What you'll do
As a Customer Service & Operations Unit Leader, you’ll be delivering successful customer and business outcomes by making sure that your unit is efficiently planned. We’ll look to you to focus on optimising capacity and managing operational escalations, disputes and risks. You’ll be working to really understand what our customers need, by actively reviewing performance targets and helping the team to identify trends and address areas of improvement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading process re-engineering and automation initiatives, collaborating with our support functions to do so
- Ensuring the engagement and development of colleagues, making sure that a plan in place for training and accreditation
- Making sure that service levels are achieved, using resources optimally and reducing costs where possible
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date process documents, contributing to the definition of performance targets, measurement and the reporting of critical MI to enable the right decision making
- Delivering cost effective measures within the team and contributing to simplifying the organisation
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with good people management skills, with the ability to successfully engage and motivate teams to success. Alongside this, you’ll have an understanding of people processes and policies. We’ll also expect you to have the ability to review processes with an analytical mind-set and maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
If you hold a certification such as an ICA, ACAMS, IIBF or Six-Sigma, this would be ideal, although not essential.
You’ll also need:
- A minimum of seven years' experience in a customer service environment, with three years' team management experience, preferably in AML and CDD
- Good experience of working in a financial services environment, with knowledge of the industry and its customers
- Knowledge of our products, processes and banking systems
- An understanding of risk, compliance and legal issues in different jurisdictions