Join us as a Customer Service - Personal Banker in Aberdeen
- You'll be integral to guiding and supporting our valued branch customers, helping them to achieve their financial goals
- We'll look to you to proactively find ways to enhance our customer banking experience
- We're committed to your career progression, so you'll join us as an Associate Personal Banker and we'll support your development to become a Personal Banker within two years
- We'll also help you to achieve a Professional Banker Certificate while working here
What you ll do
As the first point of contact in our branches, customers will be at the very heart of your role. So you'll be committed to providing outstanding service in every interaction. You'll work with high levels of accuracy as you provide each customer with a seamless and positive experience.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Having proactive conversations, understanding the needs of our customers and helping them with their banking needs
- Completing general banking requests such as payments, balance enquires and transfers
- Helping customers to understand the different ways they can bank with us and the range of services we can offer
- Identifying opportunities to help customers with simple financial products, and collaborating with other teams to provide a seamless customer experience
The skills you ll need
To be successful in this role you'll need to be motivated and driven to develop your career and have a customer centric approach to your work. Strong communication skills are a must, as you'll need to highlight the benefits of our products and procedures to our customers in a way that's easy to understand.
You'll also need:
- A passion for customer service and strong attention to detail
- The ability to thrive under pressure and have the determination to continuously improve service for our customers while meeting your personal and branch goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- The commitment to develop new skills and responsibilities
What else you need to know
We're here for our customers whatever the time of day or night, so you'll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern. You also need to be prepared to move between local branches as required.
- Part time - 21 hours per week
- 12 Month fixed term contract
- Branch hours Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
- You'll typically be working during the branches opening hours, including weekends, and your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
You ll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you re ready and have mastered your current role, we'll help take your career to the next level.
How we ll reward you
Salary: Your salary will be starting from £18,225 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You'll join on a competitive salary of £18,225 (which is £10.01 per hour) and in addition you'll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You ll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) - you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.