Join us as a Customer Service - Personal Banker in Glasgow
- You'll be integral in guiding and supporting our valued branch customers, helping them to achieve their financial goals
- We'll look to you to proactively find ways to continually enhance our customer banking experience
- We'll support you to achieve a Foundation Certificate in Responsible Banking and build on your existing skill with full training
What you ll do
As the first point of contact in our branches, customers will be at the very heart of your role, so you'll be committed to providing outstanding service in every interaction. You'll work with high levels of accuracy as you provide each customer with a seamless and positive experience.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Having proactive conversations, understanding the needs of our customers and helping them with their banking needs
- Completing general banking requests such as payments, balance enquires and transfers
- Helping customers to understand the different ways they can bank with us and the range of services we can offer
- Identifying opportunities to help customers with simple financial products, and collaborating with other teams to provide a seamless customer experience
The skills you ll need
To be successful in this role you'll need to be motivated and driven to develop your career and have a customer centric approach to your work. Strong communication skills are a must, as you'll need to highlight the benefits of our products and procedures to our customers in a way that's easy to understand.
You'll also need:
- A passion for customer service and strong attention to detail
- The ability to thrive under pressure and have the determination to continuously improve service for our customers while meeting your personal and branch goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- The commitment to develop new skills and responsibilities
What else you need to know
We're here for our customers when it's most convenient for them so you'll need to work flexibly.
- Full time - 35hrs
- You'll typically be working during branch opening hours 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday and rotational Saturdays, working hours will be discussed at interview
You ll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you re ready and have mastered your current role, we'll help take your career to the next level.
This role is not eligible for Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship so applicants must have an alternative form of right to work in the UK.
How we ll reward you
Salary: £20, 000 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You'll join on a competitive salary of £20,000 and in addition you'll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme. You ll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) - you may be required to work Bank Holidays. Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.