Join us as a Customer Service - Senior Personal Banker in Milton Keynes.
- In this role you'll be integral in guiding and supporting our customers with all their financial needs and goals
- You'll proactively manage your own small customer portfolio, helping them realise the full benefits of our service both assisted and digitally, as well as supporting them with more complex financial needs such as home buying and protection
- With no two days the same, you can expect lots of variety as you help us deliver a banking service that's beyond what's expected
- We'll support you to achieve the Professional Bankers Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
What you'll do
As a Senior Personal Banker in one of our branches, you'll be in the perfect place to build great relationships and promote the benefits of alternative services to simplify and enhance customers banking experience.
Our customers will look to you to support them in their decisions as to how they bank with us. You ll act as a trusted expert, proactively providing them with the knowledge they need to make the most of their money and making sure they re fully informed when it comes to the products and services we offer.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Completing account opening processes, providing the customer with a seamless and positive experience
- Conducting financial health checks and reviewing customer accounts
- Identifying products and services that are right for our customers, helping them to make the most of their money and savings
- Identify opportunities to help customers with more complex needs such as mortgages, private banking, business banking and protection
- Completing outbound care calls to customers to grow and maintain the relationship
The skills you ll need
We're looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering excellent customer service in every interaction and who is motivated and driven to develop their career and meet branch & personal goals. As a trusted Adviser you'll strive to improve standards for our customers, looking for ways to make their lives easier and take the stress out of banking.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a customer service environment with the ability to thrive under pressure and achieve customer satisfaction
- The ability to build rapport and trust with customers in a face to face environment and provide them with the right options for their circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a genuine interest building relationships
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
What else you need to know
We're here for our customers whatever the time of day or night, so you'll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern. You also need to be prepared to move between local branches as required.
- Full time hours
- Branch hours Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
- You'll typically be working during the branches opening hours, including weekends, and your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
You ll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you re ready and have mastered your current role, we'll help take your career to the next level.
How we ll reward you
Salary: Your salary will start from £21,330 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You'll join on a competitive minimum salary of £21,330 (which is £11.72 per hour) and in addition you'll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) - you may be required to work bank holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.