Customer Solutions Manager - Remote - GB14135
A fantastic opportunity the contract logistics customer solutions team at Kuehne+Nagel.
This role forms part of the UK Contract Logistics (CL) central support function. CL's scope is to provide contracted customer logistics solutions in-line with KN strategy, policies and procedures. This role is remote working with occasional visits to customers and site meetings.
- As part of UK CL Customer Solutions team to support the Business Development and Operations teams in profitably growing and retaining business across all the CL verticals in the UK.
- Provide analysis and well defined logistics solutions, plus costings to support Business Development and Operations projects. The will include supplier and customer engagement, including bid presentations
- Developing processes and new products/services to ensure a timely, innovative and quality focussed service to internal and external Customers.
- Developing operationally robust and financially accurate solutions for new business and internal projects, including re-tendering.
- Ensure that costed proposals meet KN commercial guidelines and are delivered in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the GM - Customer Solutions & key operational and financial approvers.
- Maintaining and expanding understanding of: Operational best practice within UK CL strategic verticals and technology that will enhance KN business solutions (IS, mechanisation, automation)The solution and costing is ultimately what the Customer Development team sell to the Customer - as such, every aspect can be scrutinised by the Customer to ensure that it is both cost competitive and at the correct level of service
- The solution and costing is ultimately what the Customer Development team sell to the Customer - as such, every aspect can be scrutinised by the Customer to ensure that it is both cost competitive and at the correct level of service
- The role is Customer facing, often at a senior level, so the professionalism of the role holder has a significant impact upon how a Customer perceives KN
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in logistics
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Min. 5-8 years' experience of customer facing projects in a contract logistics environment
- Experienced in at least 2 of: warehouse physical & operations design, resource planning & modelling, transport planning, and value added services process improvement
- Relevant logistics experience in Pharma, industrial, manufacturing, and E-commerce sectors
- Experienced to influence without formal authority
- Strong team player experienced at working remotely in virtual teams
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills accompanied by outstanding MS Excel skills
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
uk resourcing team