About the role:
Working in the Security Operations team, your primary responsibility is helping to protect the organisation from threats and vulnerabilities. You will be responsible for the maintenance, tuning and improvement of the Cyber Security toolset used inside of Thames Water.Key Accountabilities:
- Working as part of a team to ensure that corporate data and infrastructure are safeguarded from threats
- Maintaining the security team’s tooling platforms to ensure they are always available
- Collaborating with the security team to ensure that tooling is being used to the best of its ability
- Maintaining Vulnerability scanning infrastructure
- Proactively assessing potential risks and opportunities of vulnerability in the network.
- Developing and deploying method to ensure internal and external teams maintain compliance with security policies
- Recommending enhancements to SOC security process, procedures and policies.
- Maintaining and developing internal KPI dashboard for highlighting system capabilities
- Creating and maintaining knowledge base and end user-focused documentation
What’s in it for you:
- You have been a Sysadmin, running and maintaining both a Windows and Linux estate, you understand Active Directory, how it works and how it can be protected.
- Networking is second nature, you know where in the OSI layer you should be defending, what DNS is and how it works.
- You understand Checkpoint Firewalls, both physical and virtual, how to monitor, tune and update them, how to build and maintain the policy database
- Knowledge of Cyberark would be beneficial
- Exposure to cloud-based platforms is advantageous
- You have a keen interest in technology and a decent understanding of how the things you support hang together.
- You may be able to author wonderfully formatted Python and PowerShell scripts but may equally be able to cobble them together from Stack Overflow! The important thing is to understand the basics and their application, especially with regards to automation and security tools
- You will be able to produce well documentation and proposals and present them in a manner targeted to your audience, be it technical or non-technical
- You keep up to date with the latest threats or vulnerabilities and enjoy the challenge of a CTF or want to set up your own Honeypots in the wild and see what happens
Our competitive salary and package include an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.