As part of the world's largest contract caterer, Compass Group UK&I generates an enormous amount of data through our tills, WFM systems and financial management solutions (just to name a few). How can we use this data to make better decisions? The Reporting Specialist will transform data into clear reports and user-friendly dashboard to help our colleagues make sense of the millions of data points. Initially using Cognos, moving to Power BI and/or Amazon Quicksight soon, the Reporting Specialist will demonstrate their technical excellence to turn complex data into tools for making the best decisions. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Alongside the development and maintenance of existing reports, the Reporting Specialist will be responsible for maintaining a record of the reports used across Compass, with a view to rationalise and combine reports.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Head of Insights & Analysis, but will be required to show technical expertise in order recommend best practices for reporting solutions. This is an exciting position in a growing and high profile team. Who you are:
- Expert author of Amazon Quicksight or Power BI dashboards
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working under pressure
- Experience of working in a cross-functional and/or multi-divisional role
- Degree educated in a numerate discipline
- Desire to learn and develop
- Problem solver.
Who we are:
- Expert user of Cognos 10 or Cognos Analytics
- Experience of Infor or other WFM system
- Experience of qualitative analysis
- Experience of SAP
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.