Data Administrator - 9 Month Fixed Term Contract, potential for permanent
Merseyside, Kirkby & Remote working
Up to £18,000 depending on experience
Remote working supported (2 days per week in Merseyside office after initial training period).
Here at the Serco Onboarding & Vetting team we're responsible for ensuring our new starters are onboarded within a timely and efficient manner as well as vetting our current and new employees to Serco's requirements and regulations.
As our data administrator, you'll sit within our Shared Services function assisting in first line data administration. You will administer the onboarding process to ensure great experience for new joiners at Serco whilst also providing support to Line Managers and HR Colleagues.
Day-to-Day you will be;
- Inputting key data into the system
- Processing security clearances for Serco employees and sub-contractors
- Checking employee's Right to Work
- Set up employee Occupational Health checks and monitor completion from the system, as well as updating employee line managers.
- Chasing employer references
- supporting the new employee through the onboarding process and updating the relevant database & systems.
- Generating reports
- Resolving queries and providing assistance to internal and external stakeholders.
What you need to do the job
- Excellent administration skills - Good PC skills and use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), along with ability to learn new software/system functions.
- Excellent communicator across a variety of media
- Good attention to detail
Desired (but not essential):
- Experience of Vetting/Screening, Onboarding or HR processing environment
Due to the classification of the data processed as part of the role, the holder is required to hold Security Clearance level of vetting, although may start work, once Baseline level clearance is granted, this may involve criminal records checks being carried out.
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives.
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
Up to £18,000 per annum
Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
An autonomous, supportive and flexible-working culture
A company passionate about diversity and inclusion