Join us as a Data Analyst
- Take on a new challenge with great learning and development potential, where you'll be bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- We’ll look to you to develop and maintain our hub-wide reporting and analytical service, helping us to better understand our customers, processes and overall business
- You'll be joining a forward thinking and collaborative team environment, where you can expect great visibility as you work with a range of stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Data Analyst, you’ll use your passion for data and analytics to help develop and improve our business processes to benefit the bank as well as our customers. To do this, you’ll simplify our data into clear data visualisations and compelling insight to resolve problems and implement innovative processes, while making clear and actionable recommendations and spotting potential business issues and opportunities.
With strong collaboration, you’ll be working closely with your data colleagues and business stakeholders as well as with the wider areas of analytics to help solve a wide range of business problems and translate business questions into clear analytical plans.
Along with this, you’ll be:
- Providing analytical support to bank-wide projects, bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- Applying appropriate statistical techniques and concepts to develop data led solutions to business problems
- Performing data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Keeping up to date with the latest technical developments within analytics and making sure that changes to industry best practices are adopted
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a keen problem solver with an analytical mindset and strong attention to detail to join us in this role. You’ll be educated to a degree level in a numerate discipline or you’ll have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience with data programming, specifically with SQL, SAS programming or Python for data transforming and processing
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data visualisation, including Tableau
- A track record of delivering an analytical service and experience of using statistical techniques to articulate and translate business questions
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- The ability to identify wider business impacts or opportunities across key outputs and processes