Data Base Administrator (Tier 2 Support) - Various Locations
We are looking to recruit a Data Base Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operation, integrity, management and maintenance of the SQL Server database estate supported across QinetiQ.
The role will also support the development, improvement and the optimisation of procedures in QinetiQ's database environment, utilising a working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and its associated technologies, in addition to and any other database systems implementation required by the business.
As a tier 2 Support Engineer, you will be required to assess and administer changes to all Group IT managed systems to ensure the continual improvement of operating effectiveness and efficiency in line with the change process and IT Strategy.
- Perform ongoing checks of the database estate utilising available monitoring tools in order to highlight and remedy any business or user impacting issues.
- Ensure all databases are backed up to meet an agreed recovery point objective and sufficiently tested to meet an agreed recovery time objective.
- Ensure the day to day operation, performance and integrity of the SQL Server database estate supported by QinetiQ Group IT remains within agreed standards.
- Resolve user issues in a timely and professional manner within the ITSM system.
- Troubleshoot service outages if they occur and escalate issues to senior team members where necessary to avoid recurrence.
- Microsoft SQL Server (Any version)
- Knowledge of SQL configuration & administration
- Performance tuning, design and optimise high performing on premises and cloud-based SQL Server installations
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Clustering & High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts
- Redgate SQL Monitor
Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of SQL configuration & administration.
- Performance tuning, design and optimise high performing on premises and cloud-based SQL Server installations.
- An expert in SQL Server administration and support.
- Excellent SQL skills and experience SQL Server development environment.
- Experience working with data warehouses.
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL Scripts like Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Temporary Tables, Joins, Sub-Queries etc.
Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, we get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please click the link on the advert to apply to this role.