Join us as a Data Domain Architect
- For someone with a background in defining business and application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises, this is an excellent opportunity to join our business
- You'll be designing and overseeing the delivery of all data solutions across our Commercial business
- With valuable exposure, you’ll be building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across the bank to ensure commercially focused decisions and to create long term value for the bank
What you'll do
As a Data Domain Architect, you’ll be defining and communicating the current, resultant and target state architecture for your assigned scope. You’ll be making sure that the architecture links to, and is informed by, our overall strategy and architecture, and produces the architecture outcomes.
We’ll look to you to work with business stakeholders to translate business needs into architecture strategies. And you'll maintain a deep understanding of thought-leadership over data models, platforms and system flow.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Designing innovative data solutions in support of customer and colleague propositions, including digital adoptions and data science
- Defining, governing and driving the realisation of the data architecture roadmap
- Working closely with business owners, portfolio managers, product managers and release managers to define the target intentional architecture
- Leading complex and technically challenging architectural transformations, coordinating design and platform teams across domains
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need expert knowledge of application architecture, and at least one business, data or infrastructure architecture with working knowledge of the remaining disciplines. You’ll have excellent communication skills with the ability clearly communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues, up to senior leadership level, along with a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for action
- An understanding of industry architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Experience of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market
- A background in systems development change life cycles, best practices and approaches
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application and systems engineering