Join us as a Data Governance Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills and take on a new challenge with great learning and development potential
- You'll be called upon to provide expert Data Governance support and oversight for our Financial Crime CoE
- You'll be joining a forward thinking and collaborative team environment, where you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Data Governance Analyst, you’ll use your passion for data and analytics to help challenge and improve our business processes to benefit the bank as well as our customers. To do this, you’ll be working alongside other Data Governance Analysts and making sure the data quality, governance and remediation are tracked and reported. Following the strategic direction set out by the Chief Data Management Team, you’ll simplify complex data problems and implement innovative processes, while making clear and actionable recommendations and spotting potential business issues and opportunities.
It’s a highly collaborative role which will see you working closely with your data colleagues and business stakeholders as well as with the wider areas of analytics to progress projects initiatives, translate business questions into clear analytical plans and promote the innovative use of data across the bank.
Along with this, you’ll be:
- Coaching and developing less experienced analysts and delivering through others
- Working closely with key stakeholders to identify, progress and monitor critical business outcomes through Data Management Governance
- Preparing assurance material to support reporting sign offs, and governance forums
- Providing ongoing monitoring of our risk metrics, investigating results and identifying areas for remediation
- Providing analytical support to bank-wide projects, bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- Keeping up to date with the latest technical developments within analytics and making sure that changes to industry best practices are adopted
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a keen problem solver with an analytical mindset and strong attention to detail to join us in this role. You’ll be educated to a degree level in a numerate discipline or you’ll have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to present information effectively at senior level
- Demonstrable knowledge of DAMA Framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of data quality, metadata & data lineage, policy, data lifecycle management, data retention & deletion, reference or master data management
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- The ability to identify wider business impacts or opportunities across key outputs and processes
- Experience of coaching and developing, and delivering through others