Join us as a Data Quality and Remediation Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills as you take on a high profile role and enjoy a collaborative and supportive culture
- You’ll be providing a service to understand, monitor and assess the data that the bank holds with regards to operations, customers, processes, channels and products
- This is a great opportunity to develop a wide network and strong relationships across the bank, while promoting the use of innovative data
What you'll do
As a Data Quality and Remediation Analyst, you’ll be supporting and collaborating with teams across the rest of the area as well as the wider bank, to tackle data quality issues, build data quality monitoring and provide insight into identified issues. You’ll be working with large, and sometimes unstructured, datasets to profile key data elements that are identified.
You’ll also be:
- Building self-serve reporting and visualisations that allow stakeholders to understand the data quality, and allow other users to be confident in the quality of the data they are using
- Creating robust and repeatable code that can be leveraged by others
- Coaching other team members in technical or soft skill development, as well as quality assuring and checking their work
- Working with wider areas of analytics to help progress projects and initiatives, translating business questions into clear analytical plans
- Undertaking project management
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be educated to degree level in a numerate discipline or have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field. You’ll also need experience with SQL and some experience with an analytical, programming or development software.
Along with an understanding of BCBS 239 and data management, you'll have a background in banking, and experience of working on multiple projects. You'll also be very delivery focussed.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience with big data or cloud environments and big data processing, as well as experience of using visualisation tools
- The ability to identify wider business impacts or opportunities across key outputs and processes
- Experience connecting data from multiple sources, as well as working with unstructured data
- Good stakeholder management skills and effective communication skills at all levels