Who Are We?
giffgaff is a little different to your 'normal' telecoms company. It's a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its customers - our members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It's important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. We're a spirited and disruptive bunch at giffgaff, not every now and then, but everyday, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff, must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.About The Team
The core mission of the Data Science team at giffgaff is to deliver strategic data-driven innovation to help the business make timely decisions and product innovations, contributing to retention, acquisition and member experience goals. Our team works with stakeholders across the business including marketing, commerce, community and product teams.About You
We are looking for an individual with a strong analytical mind who has a solid background in the field of data science, with demonstrable practical experience in big data analytics and machine learning. The role involves delivering advanced analytics using a variety of modelling techniques, while ensuring we are utilising all our data to maximise business impact and to help the business achieve substantial growth.Responsibilities
- Design and run experiments to collect and process relevant data for training and building predictive models addressing core business challenges
- Implement advanced analytics solutions to support product managers in understanding how members interact with our products and delivering data-driven features
- Automate and deploy the end-to-end analytics pipelines to deliver timely and actionable insights to stakeholders
- Effectively communicate complex analytics results to key stakeholders and ensure the work and recommendations drive the business strategy forward
- Degree in computer science, engineering or related fields at 2:1 or above. Specialisations in Data Science or Machine Learning are a plus.
- Experience with a variety machine learning and data modelling techniques (e.g. predictive analytics, anomaly detection, natural language processing), ideally with some knowledge about deep learning/AI models and frameworks
- Strong technical skills in SQL and Python (core libraries: sklearn, numpy, pandas, scipy, matplotlib, sklearn, tensorflow, keras), ideally with some knowledge of agile development methodologies (CI/CD)
- Experience with big data technologies, such as AWS cloud infrastructure, Spark, stream processing
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies, highly regarded for its community model. In return for your outstanding efforts, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future.