Our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business provides support to citizens, from supporting the unemployed into sustainable work, to upskilling those with low or no vocational skills, so they can progress in work. At Serco we are committed to supporting economic recovery post-Covid and are proud to be able to support the government's Plan for Jobs. Along with our partners we are delighted to have been selected by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to deliver the Restart employability programme in 2 Contract Packages in West Central (Black Country, Coventry, Greater Birmingham and Solihull, The Marches and Worcestershire) and across all of Wales.
As part of our Restart programme we will support participants on their journey to finding sustainable employment, enabling them to progress towards a more secure future. The Restart programme will help people who have been unemployed for between 12 and 18 months get back into work, including those whose prospects for securing employment have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are expanding our team and we are looking to recruit x2 Data Admin Team Leaders.
As Data Admin Team Leader you'll manage a team of Data Administrators, providing support and guidance to the team, as well as external stakeholders, acting as the initial point of contact for all queries and escalating to the Data Centre Manager where necessary. You'll assist the Data Centre Manager in the production of monthly MI and reports and ensure full validation and compliance checks on self-employment outcomes are completed, reviewed and authorised prior to submission to DWP systems. Other duties include:
- Workflow Management of Data Administrator's daily tasks
- Undertake regular quality and compliance checks on Data Administrators, providing training and coaching where issues are identified and escalating any major concerns to the Data Centre Manager.
- Taking inbound calls from Job Centre Plus Work Coaches and booking participants in for Warm Hand over meetings
- Processing of key referral, programme start and payment data via the DWP's PRaP system
- Transfer of data between Serco systems and PRaP while maintaining data integrity
- Identification, investigation and resolution of data processing errors, escalating to the Data Centre Manager where necessary.
- Completion of quality and compliance testing on key programme milestones and evidence to support contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Support the wider Quality and Compliance Team in maintaining contract compliance by ensuring accuracy of data submission within contractual timeframes
- Support development of the team through gap analysis of skills, delivering appropriate training and completion of the MyCatch Up process.
What you'll need to do the role:
If you are already an experienced Data Administrator with managerial/team leadership experience then we want to hear from you. You should have strong IT skills with particular emphasis on MS Excel and MS Office 365 software. Experience and understading of the DWP/Welfare to Work /Employability sector would be highly advantageous. If you have experience working with CRM based systems that would be beneficial.
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that truly touch people's lives;
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways;
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary £25k per annum
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).