Data Value & Leverage Senior Manager
- Job Reference: 00002068-1
- Date Posted: 23 January 2020
- Employer: Telefónica S.A.
- Website: https://www.o2.co.uk
- Location: Slough, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
Here at O2 we're developing our long term Data, Analytics and AI strategy, integrated with our wider business transformation. We're focusing on delivering our objective of having "Data at the Core", enabling our evolution through advanced data and analytics. We're expanding our capability in exciting ways, and we have a number of high profile opportunities for people who are passionate about data and data science to join us, and help us on our journey to developing advanced and transformational analytics.
About the Team:
We are transforming our business by putting data driven insight at the heart of everything we do.
The Data Enablement Team is an important part of our newly defined Data & Analytics Strategy, driving data to the core of O2 to ensure right time insights to empower our leaders and our business to make better and quicker decisions. The team focuses on both the Value of Data (working with Business Leaders) and the Protection of Data (working with IT and Legal).
We have c.20m customers and a wealth of structured and unstructured data including (but not limited to):
• Transactions and billing
• Detailed customer call records (millions per day)
• Usage of our loyalty programme (million per month)
• Geographical data (millions of points per day)
• Profitability of each customer
• Network usage.
You will have the opportunity of joining a growing team working on some challenging and fascinating problems in a data rich environment.
About the Role:
The Manager, Data Value & Leverage is part of the new Data Enablement Team and reports to the Head of Data Enablement.
The role is responsible for identify ways to extract more value from core data through improving business operations, and supporting Digital in leveraging data at the edge to incorporate data into new products, services and experiences, and provide data and decisioning-as-a-service to internal and external markets.
Overall, improving data value and leveraging its use requires strong collaborative working skills to built and maintain relationships with different stakeholders: from Data Ambassadors distributed across the business, through Data, Insight & Analytics colleagues, to the Digital Data Strategy & Platforms team.
• Identifying, developing and implementing data-driven improvements in business operations, in partnership with business Data Ambassadors
• Identifying opportunities to wrap data, decisions and actions into the design of new products, services and experiences, in support of the Digital Data Strategy & Platforms team
• Identifying opportunities to offer data or decisions-as-a-service to the external market, in support of the Digital Data Strategy & Platforms team
• Identifying new sources of internal data that would improve O2's ability to create more value from its data as a whole
• Identifying new sources of external data to incorporate into the O2 data lake that would improve O2's ability to create more value from its data, in partnership with IT / BI
• Acting as the Telefonica UK leader for guidance and subject matter expertise on data valuation, in partnership with Finance.
• Enthusiastic and energised about data management, business improvement and data monetisation, with experience of delivering complex topics in an understandable way to a senior managerial level audience
• Leading real and virtual teams focused on data management, business improvement and data monetisation on a National/£Multi-Million scale
• Capable of working with senior managerial level colleagues across a business and with colleagues in a Group organisation.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica's commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you'll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There's so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.