Job description for Business Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Manager to play a pivotal role in our Business Support team, in Bicester.
This is a high-profile role, as you engage and build strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business and the wider Ministry of Defence and Other Government Departments. You will develop best practice and implement relevant strategies, policies and processes across the Business Support Team, in order to meet business requirements with a strong customer focus with the opportunity to build good global relationships.
As the Business Manager, you will lead the Business Support Team who provide the necessary support across a variety of disciplines, including: Parliamentary responses, corporate communications and engagement with the media. You will also manage and co-ordinate a range of staff responsible for risk management, co-ordinating audits with contractors, attending commercial meetings, recruitment, continued ISO9001 Quality Management certification and many other business support focussed activities.
Responsibilities for Business Manager
Responsibilities as Business Manager will include:
• Acting as a focal point for internal communications and secretariat business, including parliamentary, Freedom of Information and media enquiries
• Developing team members, including identifying training and coaching needs specific to their subject areas, and the implementation of relevant training and briefings across the business
• Developing and operating customer service ethos within business service provisions, measuring performance and driving continuous improvement of those services
• Engaging with multiple stakeholders across the business to develop best practice and implement relevant strategies, policies and processes which meet business requirement
• Providing advice and ensuring effective business management services on a day-to-day level to multiple stakeholders, managing a team of direct reports
• Acting as a function lead for workforce planning, talent management and the management of policy, process and performance
• Operating governance and assurance processes
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Strong people management skills
• Experience of working within a large and highly complex organisation
• Knowledge of business operations
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Experience of working in marketing or corporate communication
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Customer Service (iLog)
• Strategic Thinking Planning
• Communicating and influencing
• Developing self and others
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an ‘attend for a purpose’ approach in relation to visits to site.
Find out more about what DE&S offers by clicking here. Please refer to the Civil Service Pensions Retirement Modeller to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
About your team
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.