Defence Intelligence Solution Architect
Available Locations: Malvern, Farnborough, Portsmouth
Defence Intelligence (DI) is focused on the collection, fusion and analysis of data and information to deliver actionable strategic intelligence. This is used by governments, defence leaders and the armed forces to aid understanding of the operational environment and to predict future adversarial behaviour, therefore facilitating Information Advantage. Defence Intelligence organisations must adapt and leverage innovation to operate in an increasingly complex environment, managing an exponential growth in data and responding to evolving threats.
We are looking to appoint an Enterprise Architect, who will lead in further development and execution of the QinetiQ strategy in relation to Defence Intelligence. This will encompass providing the direction required across development of focused propositions and capabilities, which, are needed to ensure QinetiQ can lead Defence Intelligence based clients through their successful transformation.
This an exciting opportunity where you will be at the centre of QinetiQ's ongoing investment across data intelligence, including the recent acquisition of Naimuri (https://www.naimuri.com), applying this to deliver game changing capability to our Defence Intelligence customers.
To provide the solution leadership and co-ordination across all QinetiQ Defence Intelligence areas of focus. Key priorities will include: providing strategic leadership across specific opportunities and ensuring QinetiQ aligns development of Defence Intelligence capabilities and propositions as part of coherent strategy.
A key emphasis of this role is on providing leadership to solution teams and SME's across key captures and proposition development. This will involve significant customer engagement, alongside collaborating across Business Winning, Project, Finance and Commercial functions. Key pre-requisites are having the ability to co-ordinate development of a clear strategy and vision, then leading and directing multi-disciplined teams across its execution.
- Strategy: Set the technical/capability/solution strategy across Defence Intelligence, leading in definition and realisation of objectives set out in the Integrated Strategic Business Plan (5 year business plan).
- Strategic Relationships: Build and retain strong relationships with customers, partners and colleagues across all levels, both business and technical.
- Leadership: Lead a team of technical SME's and engineers from across the company across Defence Intelligence proposition development and Strategic Captures.
- Proposition Development: Forming a virtual network of Defence Intelligence experts, working with them to develop the solution and service propositions (including identifying synergies between them across customers and geographies).
- Customer Engagement: Engages at senior level acting as the key interface in shaping Customer requirements and priorities, then applying QinetiQ capabilities to fulfil them.
- Business Development: Oversees design of solutions which drive development of business with new types of solutions and with new customers.
- Capability Development: Works with the Capability Area Leaders to identify the capabilities required to deliver the Defence Intelligence propositions. This includes how new capabilities such as Naimuri can be applied, as well as identifying and on-boarding partners.
- Thought Leadership: Leads on development of white papers and other thought leadership material, presenting papers to senior audiences and conferences.
- Technical Assurance: Ensures that all deliverables (which includes bids) meet appropriate technical standards, comply with statutory, regulatory, company and project specific processes and procedures, as appropriate.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Has proven experience operating in an Enterprise Architect/Technical Leader role, at a senior level, influencing and delivering significant propositions to customers (£10Ms - £100Ms).
- Depth of skills and experience across Enterprise Information Architecture; able to apply this across Defence Intelligence requirements, defining how data should be governed, managed and exploited to deliver decisive advantage.
- Specific prior experience in Defence Intelligence would be helpful however not essential.
- Strong commercial awareness with good knowledge of how propositions contribute to the business.
- Experienced in selling propositions, including producing high quality bid response material and proposals, as well as leading workshops and presenting to all levels of the customer as required.
- Leadership of diverse technical teams, providing clear direction to ensure alignment and effective collaboration.
- Able to identify and articulate the unique selling points of QinetiQ propositions alongside a clear value proposition, ensuring they are differentiated from those of competitors.
- Ability to "get stuff done": work through blockers, help the team work through issues and ensure that support is directed to the people who need it (i.e. be able to quickly understand issues and identify the high risk areas and work to mitigate).
- Evidence of building repeatable customer solutions/services that deliver profitable growth.
- British National, able to attain MOD SC level clearance.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.