National Express has recently expanded its service to include National Express Accessible Transport (NEAT). This service provides accessible transport that connects customers with accessibility needs to see friends, family and the ability to access a range of activities, including educational establishments which without our help, would not be possible. A large portion of our work is working with councils to offer Transport to and from schools for children with special educational needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Depot Manager, based at Aston, who will effectively, plan, lead and manage all aspects of the operational provision at the depot in order to deliver a consistently reliable, safe, high quality and punctual service in line with specified targets, contractual obligations and commercial objectives.
As the successful candidate, you will have an excellent understanding of the] road passenger transport sector, including all relevant legal and external regulations and requirements for the operation of passenger carrying vehicles. You will have a proven track record of managing and motivating a team to achieve high standards of performance in a unionised environment. You must hold or be willing to work towards CPC in Passenger Transport.
What you'll do...
- Implementing all local elements of the NEAT Business Plan to achieve defined Balanced Scorecard targets.
- Ensuring all drivers are safe and fit to be at work at all times.
- Demonstrating effective oversight of driver performance, and continuously ensuring effective management of drivers and their performance is being applied.
- Overseeing all operational staff to ensure they work together in consistently providing the required level and quality of service to both internal and external customers. A collaborative approach with colleagues in all departments is required.
- Ensuring all services operate safely and in strict accordance with all relevant policies, processes and legal requirements.
- Developing methods of delivery to maintain a daily service output which meets defined specifications and is within agreed budgetary and efficiency targets.
- Delivering service reliability, punctuality and quality to the customer to defined standards, including Stakeholder contract specifications, ensuring that improvements are implemented where required whilst minimising cost and maximising revenue through excellent contract performance.
- Ensuring that all customer and Stakeholder feedback is promptly and professionally received, investigated and responded to, and that this information is used as a management tool to drive continuous improvement.
- Engaging with the appropriate Stakeholder contacts, representing the Company at all relevant external meetings in a constructive and professional manner, in line with local communications plans and strategies.
- Ensuring constructive relationships with Trade Unions and other employee representatives are developed through regular structured meetings and forums.
- Demonstrating a leadership style which promotes an engaged, capable and high performing workforce, ensuring that a consistent approach is applied, aligned to the National Express vision and values.
- Supporting training delivery for staff as appropriate and delivering measures to assess, support and continually develop staff to give the highest possible service.
- Managing all aspects of workplace and operational safety; ensuring correct procedures and action plans are implemented and audited and that all staff are aware of their personal safety responsibilities.
- Ensuring that employees are kept fully informed about issues affecting their Company at both a local and UK level and that regular briefings are given on issues directly affecting them.
- Delivering all aspects of the people strategy at local level; ensuring all employees receive appropriate training, induction, and personal development, that action plans are implemented and followed up, that individuals with high potential are retained, and that all parts of the workforce are engaged and high performing.
- Maintaining a high standard of staff conduct and behaviour, conducive with good customer service, and in accordance with legislation, good practice and Company procedures, including involvement in appeal hearings where required.