Deputy Chief Pharmacist – Commissioning, Outsourcing & Core services
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Chief Pharmacist to lead and develop our Commissioning, Outsourcing and Core Pharmacy Services which are all key elements of our comprehensive Pharmacy Service. Working alongside the Chief Pharmacist and other Deputy Chief Pharmacist you will play a crucial role in the operational management & strategic development of the Pharmacy Business Unit.
By representing Pharmacy at Divisional and Trust level you will have the opportunity to build on your leadership skills and broaden your professional horizons. With responsibility for planning and implementing service developments across your portfolio you will have a key role in shaping the Pharmacy Service at the Trust for years to come.
The UHDB Pharmacy Department provides Medicines Optimisation support to patients treated across 5 different sites. Innovation has always been embraced by the Pharmacy Team and we have many years’ experience of integrated e-prescribing systems, comprehensive CIVA support, 24/7 onsite services and automation. There is a depth of talent within our pharmacy department and developing that talent will be a key part of your role.
With a portfolio which includes commissioning, high cost drugs and outsourcing you will have scope to work closely with a wide range of commissioning and provider organisations to improve patient care and drive value. This includes managing the UHDB contract for Outpatient dispensing with the Trusts wholly owned subsidiary (Pride Pharmacy).
Managing the Principal Technician for medicines procurement, dispensing and logistics provides the opportunity to influence the development of our core services that underpin the Pharmacy Service at UHDB.
Workforce development is a significant part of this role and your portfolio includes the development of our technician and assistant workforces with increasing use of apprenticeships and system wide training programmes.
- GPhC registered Pharmacist with significant recent acute hospital practice including managerial, change and leadership experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to communicate pharmacy and medicines related information to Senior Managers & Clinicians across the organisation as well as commissioners and external commercial stakeholders.
If you are you are looking for a rewarding and challenging next step in your career, this post may be for you. If you believe you have the skills, expertise, and that ‘something extra’, we look forward to your application.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 9 March 2021
Interview date: 23 March 2021
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.