Deputy General Manager - Hever Castle
5 over 7 days (includes evening & weekends)
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne's in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to Castle view dinners at Leeds Castle, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Deputy General Manager to join our team at this prestigious contract based at Hever Castle
The Deputy General Manager will thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities. You are drawn to satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team. You will support your team in providing a professional food service across Day Visitor retail operations and Conference and Banqueting ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £XX per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Manage or deputise for General Manager at all client meetings and cascade briefing information accordingly
- Hold weekly operational meeting, daily event meetings, and management forums for the Management Team
- Organises department heads and responsibilities through frequent and thorough communication and regular manager meetings to ensure that maximum results are being achieved in all areas
- Manage and liaise with the BOH Team and Head Chef to execute menus, specials and promotions to exceed guest expectations and ensure profitability
- Liaise with Head Chef to ensure all stock is managed and controlled in the most efficient way to achieve financial objectives
- Ensure the Operations Teams achieve operating standards that exceed the guest's expectations through the smooth planning and delivery catering to our clients and customers whilst managing the business needs and performance standards
- Manage the team to ensure that every sales opportunity is taken to 'up sell' to our customers depending on the profile of event/show
- Establish good client relationships and ensure the appropriate level of contact is maintained
As the Deputy General Manager you will ideally have a successful background in Food Service, you see and treat your current location as your own business, using your entrepreneurial skills to create a thriving and successful working environment. You possess excellent management and communication skills, have a good understanding of report writing and financial management, and be able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving. You will have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service and be financially and commercially astute. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.