You will support the General Manager to lead and inspire a team of HODS and their own teams to optimise sales, profitability and guest service, underpinned by a structured approach with appropriate focus on compliance with relevant company polices, standards and employment principles.
Reporting to you're the Regional General Manager and through close liaison with our partners, you will be directly responsible for the key result areas below. This role will lead the day to day operations for Huntingdon with the wider support team to deliver C&E and race days. What we'll give:
Deputy General Manager
- Up tp £45,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- 5 over 7 days during racing calendar
- Parking onsite
- Free lunches/dinner during work hours
- Free tickets to racing and music events
Newmarket and Huntingdon racecourses are an integral part of the Jockey Club portfolio of sites, Newmarket, is the home of flat racing, and is 12 miles east from Cambridge which itself is famous for University life. The Rowley Mile is the autumn and spring seasons of racing with the Millennium Stand centre piece and home to 1000 & 2000 Guineas, The July Course is the summer season of racing, a wonderful English setting and hosts the world-famous July Festival and notably The July Cup. Attendance for the Rowley Mile achieves 40,000 crowds and the July Course 20,000 crowds to include locally renowned music nights.
More rural surroundings is Huntingdon racecourse, this boasts some fantastic events including Peterborough Chase, Ladies Day and other National Hunt days from October to May. With a corporate capacity of a 1,000 across site and public attendance of 5,000 this track has great potential and has delivered some major regional events. More about the role:
Working in true partnership with our Partner, we will deliver a business that is guest focused, sustainable, exciting, innovative, and profitable. You are integral to this vision and will be passionate about creating something special.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
Who you are:
- Liaising with our client and your General Manager to agree strategy and direction of travel, developing and monitoring tactical plans to deliver
- Ownership of the day to day delivery of consistent and exceptional product quality and service standards to achieve and ideally exceed department targets and grow our reputation for celebrated customer experiences
- Drive our guest focus culture through consistently demonstrating an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of hospitality standards and client needs, that is infections throughout your team
- Regular monitoring and development of each department to ensure that food quality, presentation, staffing reviews and consistent standards are maintained according to our IPOE culture.
- Work to agree and sign off appropriate structures to flex resourcing between fixed and variable workers across all Departments and with appropriate factoring to address extended and weekend operating hours.
- Financially accountable for all costs and profitability of the venue, actively working with the Finance Manager to deliver accurate and timely forecasts, budgets and P&L's
Who we are:
- You will be a naturally confident leader, with senior management experience to inspire large operational teams to deliver results - min 5 years' experience at F&B management level is essential.
- You will confidently manage a mixed portfolio of outlets and business functions and engage with clients, peers and functional specialists.
- A positive and passionate focus on food with a natural flare for hospitality is what we are looking for with solid experience in leading the implementation of projects and change programmes.
- You will showcase excellent communication skills and be able to influence all stakeholder levels working within brand guidelines to deliver results.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.