We are looking to recruit a General Manager who will organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. As the General Manager you will be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets. Job Description
More about the role:
- £35,000 per annum depending on experience
- 40 Hours - Monday to Friday
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
The General Manager will thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities. You are drawn to satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team. You'll will support your team in providing a professional food service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
Who you are:
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets
- As the General Manager you will be working closely with your Operations Manager to prepare budgets; achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget.
- Develop and evolve all client's services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
Who we are:
- Proven experience in managing successful teams in a similar environment - large multi site operation
- Health & Safety for Caterer's, Food safety for caterer's
- Experience of leading and managing a team across a large multi site operation
- Minimum 2 years management experience probably in a retail and contract catering environment
- Excellent financial acumen
- I.T literate
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Eurest, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.