We are looking for a Deputy Shift Manager to join our building services team in Middlesex.
Working as part of the maintenance team the Deputy Shift Manager will report to the Maintenance Manager and be responsible for the effective co-ordination and deployment of the rotating 24/7 Shift teams.
- Act as a focal point for all day-to-day activities of the Shift Teams including liaison with Client representatives to ensure planned and reactive tasks are completed on time
- Ensure each shift carries out planned maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and reactive works investigations/repairs on NCC complex infrastructure and fabric as assigned including reassignment to other shifts as required
- Carry out Authorised Persons and/or Competent Person duties as required for the engineering services on site, including preparation of installations for others.
- Co-ordinate and plan maintenance activities in support of Maintenance Manager, Client, End Users and other technical departments
- Provide technical advice and support to shift teams and 3rd party contractors working in the NCC complex
- Effectively manage sub-contractors ensuring work is carried out in line with the company procedures and statutory legislation
We are looking:
- NVQ 3/4, ONC/D or equivalent in a building services, engineering or related discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of both open and closed protocol BMS systems
- Excellent team working and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to manage a number of services simultaneously in accordance with the Northwood SLA’s and client expectations
- Must be capable of fully satisfying the Client security clearance minimum requirements
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Systems
12 direct reports (4 x shift supervisors and 8 x shift technicians)
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.