M&S is evolving and it's evolving fast! As part of our ongoing transformation to deliver stores of the future, we're looking for strong, innovative and resilient leaders to inspire and influence change.
As a Manager in store we want you to help us transform our business on a record scale an incorporating a strong customer service focus. Having a real commercial instinct, a business transformation mentality and a passion for high performance in everything you do is key.
We are looking for accomplished Retail Superstars with experience in food retail or clothing & home who are proven leaders.
We have a flexible / hybrid approach - talk to us about part time or job share opportunities in this role, if it's meaningful to you, it's important to us.
What's in it for you
Being a part of M&S is exactly that - becoming a part and playing your part. We're an inclusive, dynamic, exciting, and always evolving business built on core values.
Here are some of the benefits we offer that make working for M&S just that little bit more special
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and food.
- A first-class welcome to M&S with a tailored induction and a wide range of training schemes to help with your learning and development. Having options to progress is something we're proud of at M&S.
- Attractive annual bonus, based on company performance and personal objectives.
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays!
- Amazing perks and discounts via our M&S Choices website. Including GymSave - that offers up to 25% off Gym Memberships and the option to become an M&S Shareholder using our ShareSave & ShareBuy Schemes
- Charity Volunteer Day - A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity.
- A very generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Every colleague at M&S has access to a fantastic range of wellbeing support - this includes access to our 24/7 Virtual GP, PAM Assist to support you & your family as well as many other schemes
What you'll do
Your key accountabilities will include
- Driving a selling culture within your team
- Leading your team to deliver excellent customer service and hit targets, creating a high performing culture
- Using Management Information to support with operational decisions
- Implementing a continuous improvement mentality
- Building relationships with key partners across your Region and beyond to maximise all growth opportunities, execute fantastic events and drive conversion.
Who you are
Your skills and experience will include
- A proven leadership track record and the ability to lead effectively through ambiguity.
- A desire to push boundaries and collaboratively make a difference
- Comfortable having difficult conversations and able to get effective resolutions with both colleagues and line managers
- Tech savvy - an understanding of systems and have the ability to exploit them.
- Able to juggle a number of priorities whilst still maintaining an excellent standard and working with pace.