M&S is changing, and it's changing fast! As part of our ongoing transformation to deliver "Stores of the Future" we are looking for innovative and resilient Leaders we are working hard to ensure our store estate is fit for the future, by trialling different concepts and opening new stores, and we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us here as a Deputy Store Manager - Visual in the Merseyside Area!
The sweeping innovations that we're rolling out at M&S will define a new era of retail. And we want you to help us introduce them to our customers. As a Manager in-store, we want you to help us transform our business on a record scale, by showing everyone how crafting the perfect customer experience can change M&S for good.
As a Visual Manager demonstrating strong drive and vision is imperative, having a real commercial instinct, a business transformation mentality, and a passion for high performance in everything you do is key. We are looking for accomplished Retail Superstars with experience in visual merchandising who are proven leaders with the ability to coach and develop teams to improve visual execution and inspiration throughout the store.
- Coach and develop the team of visual specialists on styling, trend awareness and outfit building
- Coach and develop the wider C&H Colleagues on product placement and delivering exceptional product handling
- Create an inclusive and engaging culture where everyone can be themselves
- Clear talent plan at all levels so successional requirements of specialist visual structure are met
- Accountable for 100% visual execution, planning, implementing and reviewing by personally signing off execution of all launches, events and campaigns
- Work alongside their team and wider C&H team to drive accurate execution of guidelines and VM processes
- Following clear visual framework to plan and execute all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly activity
- Accountable for Store space, layout and fixture placement, creating an inspirational and consistent customer journey
- Deliver highest visual standards everyday of mannequins and styling, product handling, outfit building and windows. Always with an up to date awareness of trends
- Maximise sales growth and profitability through the consistent delivery of the Goals
- Win for Customers through colleagues who care and well presented stores, feeding Customer voice directly into Central Support Teams
- Identify opportunities to raise the bar visually by working with Visual Lead and Central VM Team
- Consistently deliver upper quartile execution of all processes and guidelines
- 100% execution of new initiatives, collaborating with Central teams to deliver right first time ahead of full Business roll out
- Consistently deliver upper quartile performance on Goals by focusing on the key inputs
- In depth capability and expertise of all Visual skills including; ability to manage space, architecture and equipment handling; exceptional Visual merchandising capability and all aspects of Styling from windows to mannequin usage in store
- Current and previous visual merchandising experience and visual management experience with a Visual Portfolio demonstrating previous work
- Strong external awareness of current fashion trends, competitors and new store openings/initiatives
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead their direct report and work across multiple sites
- Expertise in creating and delivering exceptional customer journeys and experience
- Good understanding and up to date knowledge of commercial, operational and people processes and systems
- Ability to use all available data and MI (internal and external) to identify commercial, visual, cost savings & customer opportunities to increase profit
- Good level of digital capability and a comprehensive understanding of systems and ability to exploit them
- The ability to have difficult conversations with effective resolutions with both colleagues and line managers
- Great communicator and active listener who will inspire, share their knowledge and best practices with others
- Proven ability to plan and review across weekly, monthly and quarterly timeframes
- Proven ability to consistently deliver under pressure demonstrating high levels of resilience
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change, and the ability to lead teams through change with a growth mindset
What's in it for you?
- A great work / life balance - working only 1 full weekend in 2.
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and of course food.
- First class welcome to M&S with a tailored 12-week induction in your training store.
- Options to progress - it's something we're proud of at M&S.
- Holiday Entitlement 5.8 weeks (29 days) - which increases with service.
- Charity Volunteer Day - A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity *
- Perks and Discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are great and there are lots!)
- Qualifying period applies
About the application process:
After completing a short online application, if successful you will then be required to take part in a short on-demand video interview. Following this stage, successful applicants will be invited to an interview or assessment.
If successful you will be placed in a training academy for up to a period of 12 weeks before being appointed to your base store.