Join us as a Design Operations Lead
- Take on an influential role, in which you’ll use your expertise in design related management disciplines to lead the activities of our Design Operations function
- Your role will be pivotal in developing a customer centred environment which nurtures the development and understanding of creative disciplines across the franchise
- Joining a collaborative and forward thinking team, you’ll have the opportunity to really shape your role and gain valuable exposure across the bank
What you'll do
As Design Operations Lead, you’ll be managing and co-creating the operational models that will lead to the creation of the greatest value for our customers, implementing an ecosystem of standardised processes, methods, and tools that support design across NatWest Retail Bank.
You'll develop, manage, and communicate to senior leadership, key metrics on the impact of our work and the value of how design, insight, quality craft and the design process itself plays an integral role in delivering world class customer experiences.
Throughout the course of your work, you’ll be:
- Working with design leadership to support a strong creative culture
- Developing robust hiring, onboarding and training practices, and supporting day to day running of both the design practitioners and leadership team
- Managing partners, contracts, financials, research recruitment, tooling and processes and removing roadblocks to maximise impact
- Managing planning activities to make sure that design resources are available to projects to meet delivery objectives
- Responsible for the overall backlog and conducting planning and recruitment activities to align capability with demand
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll be highly qualified or experienced in design related management disciplines, with management level experience in human centred design activities. As a detail orientated and strategic thinker, you’ll have the ability to identify problems and opportunities and work effectively with your colleagues and partners to overcome these.
You’ll have experience in building and leading a design team, fostering individual growth, and mentorship, and have the ability to identify team needs with regards to processes, tools, documentation and team management. We'll also look to you to bring good collaboration and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to collaborate with Design to create the right processes and structure for the team to flourish.
We’re also looking for:
- The ability to apply frameworks and systems to keep track of the many moving parts necessary for projects and teams to be successful
- Leadership experience, with evidence of successfully managing people and engaging multi-discipline design teams
- A capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly
- A proven track record in planning and delegating your workload to meet agreed milestones and targets