Job Title: Developer - Intelligent Automation
Location: Manchester city centre
Other locations: London central office, Edinburgh, Bristol
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows. We need people who can make this transformation a reality.
Want to know more?
Our team is the Robotic Process Automation 'Centre of Excellence' within Intelligent Automation (IA), part of Digital Platforms. A key area of our transformation journey is our investment in removing the mundane and repetitive tasks colleagues undertake, replacing them with intelligent automation capabilities such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA). We've built one of the largest robotic workforces in Europe enabling colleagues to reinvest their time into more meaningful work for our business and customers.
Where are we now
We have now also successfully delivered our first use cases using a product called ABBYY FlexiCapture (AFC). AFC is an intelligent optical character recognition (OCR) tool which put simply converts documents into machine readable text.
Here's how you'll make a difference
As a Developer IA this role will mainly focus on using ABBYY FlexiCapture to develop OCR solutions across all areas of the bank in delivering new use cases as well as maintaining existing processes. As a lot of the opportunities will also involve an element of RPA, either up or downstream.
We're looking for someone who enjoys learning and collaborating with others to help shape & deliver innovative solutions. Based out of one of our existing Transformation sites, you'll be part of an experienced, successful team and will work across the business to help build the 'Bank of the Future' for our customers & colleagues. You may also have experience using Blue Prism or another RPA tool, but this is not crucial as training will be provided.
- Strong preference for someone with ABBYY FlexiCapture experience building models, or very similar OCR software
- Working collaboratively with experienced colleagues to develop new OCR use cases, through interpretation of business requirements into effective and balanced solution design & developing new ABBYY FlexiCapture models
- Developing a sound understanding of our Intelligent Automation Products with a view finding opportunities for daisy chaining with other technologies
- Learning about how existing live OCR use cases are performing, helping to identify any issues & opportunities for improvements
- In time, build Blue Prism expertise so you can develop solutions using OCR & Robotics to help transform Customer Journeys
In addition, we would also welcome someone that is creative and driven to deliver positive, measurable results-oriented, yet realistic goals aligned with RPA business priorities and looks through customers point of view. You'll also have effective inter-personal communication skills and ability to adapt to working with others.
Nice to have:
- Blue Prism and/or ABBYY accreditations would be welcome
- Experience of process improvement and/or process design and software testing
- Ability to detail, interpret and explain complex software solutions.
- Some experience of alternative coding languages, e.g., Blue Prism, VB, C#, SQL etc. would be an advantage but is not key
- Interest in new technologies with an awareness of developments and trends within the intelligent automation market
- Understanding of Agile ways of working
What you'll get from the role
You'll be working with like-minded team members, and you'll also be able to grow your own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities through our wealth of learning and development services. Did you know we offer agile working patters from working 1-2 days per week from home, or flexible work schedules, for example start and finish times, or compressed hours! We welcome candidates looking to work 4 days per week.
What we'll give you in return:
Salary and Benefits package: £36, 405 - £40, 460 base salary, plus excellent benefits including a 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash), generous employer pension contribution up to 15%, 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, discretionary variable annual performance bonus and private medical health cover, share schemes and access to staff discounts!
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
We deeply value diversity and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this, is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference. Our continued dedication to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses, and communities. Together we have a key role to play in crafting the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you!