Join us as a DevOps Engineer
- You’ll be acting as technical and cultural change catalysts, accelerating learning journeys and the progressive adoption of the DevOps centre of excellence Technical practices and techniques
- We’ll look to you to utilise your in-depth understanding and broad experience of daily continuous deployment of business-critical systems to production
- This is an opportunity to gain exposure as you secure strong buy-in to DevOps methodologies from the product owner, platform lead and other key business stakeholders
What you'll do
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be demonstrating DevOps technical practices, mentoring, coaching teams, and demonstrating how to measure, understand and visualise the flow and delivery of value through the adoption of DevOps tools, technologies, techniques, patterns, and processes from inception through to technical implementation and delivery.
You’ll also be:
- Working within feature teams, platforms, domains and centre of excellence initiatives as active engineers, practitioners, mentors and coaches
- Providing feedback that builds on policies, standards, practices and associated DevOps tooling
- Contributing to building the DevOps engineering capability, culture and mind-sets within the bank
- Making sure decisions made are based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of portfolio management support roles paired with knowledge of portfolio types. You’ll also hold an appropriate portfolio management qualification such as Prince 2 with Agile, Scrum, Agile or SAFe portfolio management.
As well as this, you'll need strong IT experience with hands on experience in DevOps consulting and implementation in large organisations. You'll also bring an external network and experience of contributing to tech communities.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience in cloud technologies such as PaaS and IaaS across AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience in designing, creating and managing fully automated CI and CD services and processes including build, quality gates, test and deploy in all environments, including production
- Exposure to tools like YAML, Fluent D or Kibana or Elasticsearch, Git, Jira, Confluence, SonarQube, Artifactory and Python
- Strong experience in any container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes and in containerized applications
- An expert background in tools such as MS Office, MSP, Planview, Oracle and SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience of portfolio management theories, models and practices, including scaled Agile frameworks and Prince 2 methodologies, within an Agile or DevOps environment