As a DevOps Engineer, you thrive on providing technical leadership; working collaboratively with development and customer teams to maintain the operational integrity of mission critical services in a National Security environment.
You’re a DevOps Engineer that provides leadership both technically and culturally, and is comfortable with high level responsibility. You won’t be leading a team that delivers simple add ons to multiple vendors; you’ll be leading engagements with customers to provide a strategic link and ensure successful delivery of software rollouts that enable the nations safety.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence and Industry 4.0 through our Futures business and Intelligence as a Service. You will work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
As our next DevOps Engineer, you’ll operate with customer availability as a priority; catching issues early and ensuring continued operational integrity of services that are strategically important to the nation. Whilst developing and deploying code, you’ll ensure best practice of the DevOps team you lead. The Key Requirements...
- Experience providing technical leadership, client engagement and ensuring best practice in a DevOps environment
- Experience of incident and problem management for operational systems.
- Experience deploying rollouts with containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm or Docker
- Experience managing pipelines with tools such as Jenkins or Gitlab
- Exposure to Infrastructure as Code technologies (IaC) such as Ansible or Terraform
- A coding background which includes utilising languages such as Python or Java & Spring Boot (Go or Rust would be a bonus)
Built on over a 60 years heritage, Roke offers specialist knowledge in sensors, communications, cyber, and AI and ML. We change the way organisations think and act – through dynamic insights from the analysis of multiple layers of data. We take care of the innovative, technical stuff that keeps everyone safe – that’s our mission, passion, and motivation.
Joining a team united by purpose and ambition, you’ll be at the heart of an exciting growth journey: having doubled in size over the last 4 years, we intend to double our headcount again by 2027. At Roke, every individual counts. We push technical boundaries, together. We re-invest in product innovation, and we empower our people to make a difference.
With us your experience of leading teams and driving improvements will provide the cultural platform for continued success that keeps the country safe; the mission impact of your work will be hard to replicate elsewhere. Where you’ll work…
Alongside hybrid and flexible working options, you’ll find our Manchester site located in the heart of Media City; Europe’s fastest growing tech hub. You’ll become a key part of Roke’s growing local tech community as we support the Government levelling up agenda. There is easy, local access to our client community with great transport links and nearby local parking. The Benefits and Perks...
- Hybrid working: A minimum of 40% of your monthly hours working at your base/client location, subject to role requirements
- Flexi-time: Working hours to suit you and your life
- Annual bonus: Based on profit share and personal performance
- Private medical insurance: Includes cover for existing conditions
- Holiday: 25 days plus public holidays and your birthday off
- Chemring Share Save: Monthly savings into a 3 or 5 year plan.
Due to the nature of this role, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the U.K. for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. The Next Step...
Click apply, submitting an up-to-date CV. We look forward to hearing from you.