About the role
As a part of our DevOps team you will provide second- and third-line support and development services for several solutions / flagship applications for our client. At a high level, the service working is focused on delivering a high-quality DevOps experience, stable and robust application environment for the client and end-user community.
Working within this role, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the incident management tools and either working on or assigning incidents as they are raised
- Resolution of incidents and change tasks in line with agreed service levels
- Identification and resolution of problem records
- Root cause investigation and resolution of problem records
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements to the application and overall solution.
- Delivery and implementation of standard changes
- Proactive application monitoring, batch processes, health checks and server administration.
- Design, build test & Implementation of change requests
- Working on project delivery cycles
- Building internal and external relations
- Patching and ongoing support of application software.
- Technical writing in the form of knowledge base and how-to articles
- Process automation
- Security vetting clearable to BPSS and SC levels is required
- Has practical experience and working knowledge of Java 8+, SQL, GIT / GITHub, Jira / Confluence
- Experience with Operating System Fundamentals i.e. UNIX & Windows.
- Desired experience with Scala and Play Framework
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse problems from multiple angles in a thorough, comprehensive way.
- Strong oral and written communication skills: Able to communicate with partners on a day to day basis via telephone, email and face-to-face. Able to build rapport with clients.
- Experience in providing Second and Third line Application Support & Development.
- Experience of collaborative Agile development in an Application Management environment with experience in the use of Jira, Confluence, Jenkins and/or similar tools
Based at either Runcorn Daresbury Court or Moray / Forres Office.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to take part in training courses that will help you to perform well on your job and develop further. Your future career path in Atos could be as a Senior DevOps Engineer, Technical Architect, Project Manager and other available career paths.
Interested in applying? Atos offers flexible working, a competitive salary, employee benefits including pension, life insurance, private healthcare and more, so click apply today!