DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Basingstoke or Bracknell (remote working is not possible)
Are you a team player with the passion to succeed? Can you ensure that we deliver against our commitments? Do you want to shape your world and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to achieve our goals as a DevOps Engineer? This is your world and your opportunity to shape it for the better.
Shape your world
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to join our existing dynamic Solution Build Practice to work on a prestigious customer account to be part of an existing delivery team that supports a current Rancher Kubernetes platform that is being transformed into a new strategic platform for the customer.
Your role will involve working closely with the Infrastructure Architects, Application developers, Test Managers and Project Managers to automate, configure and document infrastructure deliverables and offerings from a variety of vendors which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster and more effective solutions. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
We are looking for individuals with HO security clearance with the ability to work at Fujitsu Bracknell or Basingstoke locations full time with occasional home working and be prepared to provide on call rota support to fulfil out of hours support function within the team.
• A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
• Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
• Experience in working closely with customers
• In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
• Experience in provisioning cloud environments
• Able to work under pressure
• Availability to be on call out of hours on a rota basis
• Kubernetes Administration (preferably if Certified KA)
• Linux including CentOS
• VMWare vSphere
• Version control solutions, specifically git
• DevOps methods (integration & automation)
• Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab
• Collaboration tooling such as Atlassian toolset
• Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Postgres and MariaDB
• Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
• Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
• Automated testing tools
• Agile project delivery & ceremonies
• Storage solutions
• Basics of Networking
Shape your world and achieve together
We want the best people on our team, so we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. The role may demand some travel and flexibility to meet clients and to drive performance, within a culture of respect for professional and private commitments. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all.
If you want to work alongside people with different ideas, in an inclusive business, that will welcome you and support you, come and co-create the future at Fujitsu.
Fujitsu has been recognized as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role, and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.